$1,800-$2,600 signing reward
Our client is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster and most importantly more accessible for everyone. They leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable as well as easier for Underwriters to do more in less time. Work From Home Opportunities Our client is looking for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join a growing team!
Their platform has allowed them to automate 80% of the mortgage process. What does this mean for Underwriters? This means you will spend less time working in a broken process and more time providing the best services for borrowers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwrite and decision residential agency conforming, jumbo and FHA mortgage loans
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents
- Review appraisal reports to identify and resolve any discrepancies discovered within
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income and expense data, asset documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness; provide risk opinions
- 3+ years of experience underwriting FNMA, FHLMC, and Non-Conforming mortgages
- Categorical understanding of the mortgage lending process
- Ability to carry out requisite loan calculations (DTI, LTV, etc.)
- Capable of preparing findings reports
- Ability to handle multiple files simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Perform well in team environments
- The drive to build something new
- Management experience a plus
This is a remote position so the candidate could be located ANYWHERE.