Job Title Legislative Analyst, Government Affairs
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications Position Duties:
The Legislative Analyst will assist with the development and impementation of the Ford state and local government reltaions agenda. They will be responsible for the research, analysis and development of key legislative, economic development and community strategies that support Ford''s operations and will interact with key external customers, including governmental, political and industry stakeholders as an advocate for Ford''s state and local government relations agenda.
* Foster ongoing relationships with appointed and elected officials and other external stakeholders. This shall include organizing/supporting events and meetings to ensure Ford is aware of all possible opportunities and concerns
* Build strong internal relationships with colleagues, subject matter experts, and other business partners to jointly deliver business objectives, remove roadblocks, and resolve issues
* Support local economic development efforts to finalize and monitor compliance requirements related to current state and local government incentive commitments
* Monitor state legislation and industry trends that may impact the company and develop a strategy to effectively influence outcomes on relevant matters
* Collect positions of key stakeholders and support development of legislative forecast on likely outcome of legislation to support operational planning
* Prepare materials for meetings and requests internally and externally. Prepare memos, talking points and public testimony and assist in the development of advocacy materials
* Manage Political Action Committee funds, and business organization membership and charitable contribution budgets
* Support expansion of Ford Government Relations outreach efforts to newly elected officials at the local, county and state level
* Work with members of the State and Local Government Relations Team to support their efforts on key assignments
* Bachelors degree - prefer Political Science, Communications or Business)
* 5-8 years' economic development or legislative experience at a local, county and state level or internal Ford policy related experience
* Self-starter with the ability to perform the defined tasks with minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills with the confidence to speak publicly on behalf of Ford
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills that allow for unsupervised direct contact with key influential government and business leaders
* Strong understanding of how to develop and build coalitions and leverage relationships
* Experience with economic development tools such as property tax abatements and training grants and a familiarity with basic auto industry issues
* Comfortable in negotiations and handling sensitive and difficult conversations
* Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to research topics and summarize findings
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in theUnited States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Apply to job  Save to cart View similar jobs