Title: Process Control Engineer
Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Contribute. Grow. Leadwith OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChems market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U. S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Control Engineer with our Chemical Plant located in Geismar, Louisiana.
Essential Job Duties:
* Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
* Assist with configuration, installation, and maintenance of electronic microprocessor-based instrument control systems including, but not limited to, the long-term historians and DCS control systems.
* Monitor the facilitys DCS operations and performance, provide technical support and troubleshooting and facilitate the development of programs for improvement.
* Oversee the field construction, verification of proper installation, performance of loop checks and the oversight of final commissioning of DCS/PLC equipment associated with maintenance or capital projects.
* Define spare parts and preventative maintenance requirements for DCS and related components.
* Communicate and maintain proper documentation related to the DCS system status, changes, and coordinate/conduct personnel training for such related items as necessary.
* Review facility instrument maintenance activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to all specifications, codes, and standards.
* Conduct failure mode analyses to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design.
* BS in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field.
* 3 10 years DCS programming, troubleshooting, and maintaining DCS equipment experience.
* Ability to develop, analyze, and troubleshoot scripts and queries.
* High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
* Good working knowledge of SAP.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V