* We have an opening for 3 full-time *Cook *positions.
* *Location*: Cornell Commons; 600 1st St. SW Mount Vernon, IA 52314. /Note: online applications accepted _only_. /
* *Schedule*: F/T Schedule; varied schedule, one weekend day necessary, schedule varies 8:00AM - 4:00PM or 2:00PM - 8:30PM.
* *Requirement*: Previous cook and foodservice experience is preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staffs talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of food service for a sustainable future.
*Full time associates at Bon Apptit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
* Summary:* Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
* Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
* Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
* Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
* Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
* Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
* Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
* Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance). /
Req ID: 140392