The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win... in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under **Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. ** The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force Wide. Postilions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. Under this recruitment procedures applications will be accepted for each location/installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
***The term "**Current post-secondary student"**mean a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an instruction of higher education; and is make satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureateate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
Post-secondary students may be noncompetitively converted to a career or career-conditional appointment within 120 days of successful completion of their academic program requirements.
**This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection. **
**This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i. e. , NH, NJ, NK). **
**Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. **
Learn more about this agency
* Serves as the principal POC and support to organizations using the Defense Travel System (DTS). The incumbent of this position also assists all assigned support/liaison representatives, including Organizational Defense Travel Administrators (ODTAs), Organizational Approving Officials (OAs). Provides required training to ODTAs. OAs, individual customers, etc. , on use of the system. As a senior voucher examiner, to work, on the more difficult cases; to assist and train other voucher examiners; and to complete final prepayment audit of voucher; prepare, examine, compute, process, and/or maintain vouchers and related accounting data; and ensure validity of charges including payment of travel and supplemental benefits, performed by military and civilian personnel, and shipment/storage of household goods (HHG).
* Provides advise on the use and processes related to DTS to 15th Airlift Wing, tenant units, and geographically separated units.
* Assists ODTAs and approving officials in examinations of vouchers, travel pay documents, and troubleshooting.
* Provides customer service in person and by telephone.
* Conducts all Defense Travel System Training. Maintains travel files/records and produces reports. Researches, interprets, and applies regulations requirements, and procedures.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
#### 5; Supervisory status
#### 5; Promotion Potential
### Who May Apply
#### This job is open to
This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
* #### Job family (Series)
0540 Voucher Examining
### Conditions of Employment
* U. S. Citizenship is required
* Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
* Total salary varies depending on location of position
* PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
**ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:**
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
* Employee must maintain current certifications
* Position may require an appropriate security clearance
* Position may be subject to Administrative Careers with America (ACWA) Assessment
GS-05:**Three years of general experience, one year for which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which may consist of basic principles of administration, program support and management of organizations or related fields; learn basic techniques in administration, program support and management of organizations.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:**
1. Knowledge of manual processes also related to processing and computing entitlements for travel pay and related actions. Includes knowledge of travel regulations, policies, and procedures to include the JFTR/JTR Appendix O. Expertise of travel processes related to the automated Defense Travel System.
2. Knowledge of complex procedures and rules concerning payment of government claims (e. g. travel, HHG, etc. ) and comprehensive financial and accounting processes and procedures.