Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneerings business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Software Developer II will define, design and build database applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Define, design and build database applications with a strong emphasis on web application development
* Meet with customers or subject matter experts to define scope of work
* Database design/entity modeling
* UI Implementation for Web Applications using HTML, CSS and third party tools.
* Develop and Maintain Unit Tests
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
**Education and/or Experience**
* Strong SQL experience (Microsoft SQL Server experience a plus)
* Experience with the Microsoft MVC 4 Framework
* Experience using Entity Framework and writing LINQ queries
* Strong Web Development Experience (ASP. NET, MVC, HTML, CSS)
* Experience with Responsive Design Templates such as Bootstrap
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming
* Experience with WebAPI is desired but not required
* Ability to work in an unstructured environment, while being accountable to customers and co-workers
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
**Essential Job Functions**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Job Board Partnership
*Job Title:* SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II
*Location:* San Diego, California
*Job ID:* 10398