Production Logistics Supervisor
Responsible for the planning, procurement and distribution of direct materials for the organization. They will also be responsible for planning, procurement and distribution of materials from Global Sourcing Hub to other Flowtec Divisions.
/Key Areas of Responsibility/
* Analyze the requirements of the material and apply the appropriate procurement method (MRP, ROP, KanBan, Paperless, etc. ) based on defined company guidelines.
* Define material requirements according to historical consumption, planned production volumes and for specific customer projects.
* Maintain procurement related master data in the company operating system.
* Review and coordinate material procurement with Manufacturing Schedules
* Prepare and procure all materials consumed directly in the production process using appropriate procurement methods established during material planning (MRP, ROP, KanBan , Paperless, etc. )
* Enter purchase order confirmations
* Expedite material deliveries to meet required production schedules.
* Process delivery quote request
Additional duties may be assigned.
* DG-Production Schedulers
* DG-Inventory Control
* DG-Industrial Engineering
* DG-Transportation Logistics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of material requirements planning processes and concepts
* Must have ability to self-motivate and prioritize activities.
* Must be able to read, interpret, and write routine reports and correspondence.
* Must have the ability to apply and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must have intermediate computer skills
* Desire an understanding of processes from Order Administration through shipping
* Desire a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
/Minimum Education and Experience/
Bachelor's degree (B. A. /B. S. ) from four-year college or university and 3 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Beneficial to have APICS certification but not required
No travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time
* Constantly required to view computer screens at close range.
* Frequently required to stand and walk for short periods of time.
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts