Time as Reported Grade 082 Chemistry Col
**This is a Time as Reported position. **
Performs specialized, precision work requiring an advanced degree of mechanical skill in the development, fabrication and repair of a wide variety of laboratory equipment, apparatus or assemblies.
* Plans and performs all operations and experimental work necessary to construct, alter, repair or adjust precision instruments, complicated models, measuring apparatus, or other equipment.
* Interprets complex mechanical drawings or rough sketches determining the appropriate method to solve the problem.
* Constructs special and exact tools, dies and fixtures necessary to produce extremely fine close tolerances.
* Assembles, aligns and adjusts components; makes adjustments or fittings necessary to obtain required performance.
* May coordinate the work of other technicians or machinists; may train new employees.
Requires completion of 4 years apprenticeship program and 7-8 years of practical experience in tool making and instrument and model making; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* TAR Instrument Model Maker A
*Location:* Central Administration
*Job ID:* 186480
*Full/Part Time:* TAR
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts