Time as Reported Grade 053 Social Work Division SMH
TBA; includes weekend and holidays
This position is responsible for providing social work services to clinical areas with high patient volume in the absence of the assigned social worker.
* Performs essential social work activities described in the job description of the social worker for whom this social worker is providing coverage.
* Collaborates with members of the healthcare team around matters related to patient care and discharge planning.
* Participates in relevant training and educational opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and skills.
* Develops and maintains knowledge of hospital and community resources relevant to the needs of Strong Memorial Hospital patients and their families.
* Documents all activities in the patients electronic medical record in accordance with Social Work Division policy and procedures. Also documents time spent with patient in the electronic medical record.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Participates in Social Work Division and social work unit staff meetings.
* Participates in social work supervision/consultation about his/her work in accordance with plan developed by supervisor.
* Participates in required activities of the Social Work Division and Hospital, including but not limited to: timely completion of statistical reports/forms, timesheets and other hospital division forms, mandatory in-service training programs, and University Health Service reviews.
Master's degree from an accredited school of social work. Licensure as a social worker, as defined by the State Board for Social Work, State Education Department, Division of Professional Licensing Services is required. If licensure has not been obtained upon employment, the individual has 18 months within which to obtain it.
Experience in a medical setting and/or pediatrics preferred.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* TAR Float Social Worker (S)
*Location:* Strong Memorial Hospital
*Job ID:* 190342
*Full/Part Time:* TAR
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts