Part Time 20 hours Grade 006 Interpreter Services
The Sign Language interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional University of Rochester Medical Center staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. All Interpreters on staff generally provide these services during normal business hours at the Medical Center, Outpatient Clinics, and Hospital Affiliates.
**Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities**.
* Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
* Yearly health updates
* Attends staff meetings
* Other training/activities as necessary
** Completes all paperwork and administrative duties**.
* eRecord completed at the end of each patient interaction
* Database entries based on completed schedules and requests
* On-Call log (blue book) if applicable
* Yearly certification update
* Professional development transcripts
* Other paperwork and assignments as necessary
** Performs clinical duties. **
* Interpreter carries a pager assigned by the hospital responding to all pages immediately.
* Interpreter interprets all assignments, whether prescheduled or via pager, in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
* Certification by The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and adherence to tenets within the Code of Professional Conduct.
* Experience interpreting in a health care setting is required.
* Two years post high school education or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* Sign Language Interpreter
*Location:* Strong Memorial Hospital
*Job ID:* 191939
*Full/Part Time:* Part-Time
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts