The Program Director is responsible for the educational and clinical activities of the EIOH OMFS training program and shall provide administrative assistance, teaching and mentorship to residents, faculty, and staff who participate in the program. Responsibilities also include direct patient care and clinical supervision.
**SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:**
Provides support to the OMFS Department Chairman related to training program activities. Provides support to the EIOH Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer related to the administration of the OMFS Department.
# Clinical Care
* Acts as a positive role model in the provision of care, efficiency of practice and professional approach
* Provides quality care in a patient friendly clinical service system that is responsive to the needs of all patients
* Establishes performance benchmarks and ensures educational goals are met by the residents
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in meeting clinical financial targets
* Works closely with the faculty, staff, residents, and administration to support the EIOH mission and vision
* Provides didactic and clinical teaching
* Promotes development of scholarly career goals
* Interacts with interdepartmental programs to develop joint lectures, seminars, grand rounds
* Provides oversight, leadership, and management of the OMFS clinical and educational activities
* Ensures the OMFS training program meets all CODA accreditation standards
* Develops and implements program policies and procedures
* In conjunction with EIOH Director and Department Chair, responsible for resident and attending faculty recruitment and retainment efforts
* Displays constructive and consistent leadership style
REQUIREMENTS: Requires DDS/DMD or equivalent dental degree, completion of an accredited OMFS Program, and American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Certification. Candidates with MD degree and /or candidates who are fellowship trained, and have demonstrated commitment to academia, will receive preference. Eligibility for a NYS dental license as established by New York State law, hospital privileges and post-offer health assessment are required. Candidate needs to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in order to relate to groups at all levels within the organization including office staff, faculty, management, senior leadership, governing agencies and others; must display initiative, a positive attitude, flexibility and commitment to network goals and objectives; must be committed to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct including the ICare values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* Program Director, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS)
*Location:* School of Medicine & Dentistry
*Job ID:* 190706
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time