Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Physical Therapy SMH
TBD; includes weekends and holidays
Administers Physical Therapy treatments following a Physical Therapist's evaluation. Monitors and documents patient's progress.
* Performs exercise programs including passive range of motion, active and resistive exercises. Administers various physical therapy modalities under the direction of the Physical Therapist. Participates in conferences to assist in devising and modifying comprehensive care plans and assists in the evaluation of patients and discussion of treatment programs.
* Instructs patients in functional activities such as bed mobility activities, transfer training, gait training and other activities of daily living. Instructs patients' families in exercises and treatment and attends family conferences as directed.
* Prepares, sets up, cleans and maintains treatment area and equipment. Observes safety precautions regarding all phases of treatment. Takes inventory and maintains supplies.
* Documents patients' progress and responses to treatment in the medical record.
* Monitors treatments provided by Physical Therapy Aides.
Associate's degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program. Certification and current registration by the New York State Department of Education as a Certified Physical Therapy Assistant.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* Physical Thpy Asst
*Location:* Strong Memorial Hospital
*Job ID:* 190250
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts