Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 University Health Service
8 AM-5 PM
To provide standard, usual and customary activities appropriate in the diagnosis and treatment of members of the University of Rochester community needing psychiatric services.
Under general discretion and with some latitude for independent judgment:
* Obtain and document a comprehensive health history focusing on the client's presenting chief complaint or health care needs.
* Provide pharmacologic management.
* Appropriately order and interpret diagnostic studies.
* Utilize clinical decision making to arrive at an appropriate differential diagnosis.
* Identify a treatment plan to further diagnose and/or treat the client's condition.
* Provide plans for appropriate follow-up to evaluate response to interventions.
* Coordinate a comprehensive plan of care.
* Complete appropriate medical record documentation of care, dispensing medications within New York State guidelines.
* Participate in educational programs for staff and trainees as needed.
* Participate in performance improvement of practice and service, including performance improvement teams, quality assurance, incident review and peer review activities.
* Participate in continuing accreditation readiness activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Current New York State Registered Nurse license and Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry license required, as well as, Board Certification as Psychiatric NP required or eligible. Two years of post-degree experience primarily in an ethnically diverse college-aged population preferred.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric
*Location:* Central Administration
*Job ID:* 187429
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts