Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Primary Care Administration
Under the general direction of the Medical Director and Associate Director for Quality, with significant latitude for independent judgment, in collaboration with the PCA Clinical Operations Manager/Reporting & External Certification Coordinator, the Clinical Operations Manager provides clinical supervision, serving as a role model and resource for nursing and clinical personnel, promoting a team approach to patient care fostering collaboration among nurses, attending physicians, residents and other non clinical team members. The Clinical Operations Manager is responsible for assuring clinical operational excellence, compliance with standards and quality guidelines including but not limited to compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, DOH and other regulatory agencies for all Primary Care Network practices. Serves as Liaison for Primary Care Administration to relevant enterprise wide teams for strategic initiatives and implementations. Serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer for the Primary Care Network.
1. Training and supervision of Primary Care Network (PCN) practices clinical staff. Participation where appropriate in all personnel matters pertaining to PCN clinical team staff. Serves as clinical resource for clinical staff PCN administration in the following areas:
1. Clinical workflows
2. Development and implementation of PCN clinical staff training, competencies and evaluations.
3. Development and dissemination of PCN specific evaluation tools for clinical staff
4. Best practice/network policies
5. Practice development (new build/acquisition/practice design)
6. Attends appropriate meetings related to clinical operations, e. g. , SME, Project Team, Practice Development/Article 28, Call Center, PCMH eRecord Team.
7. Electronic medical record implementation and optimization.
8. Medical equipment selection and integration. Medical supply and equipment maintenance and regulatory adherence (in collaboration with enterprise wide entities).
2. Works collaboratively with Primary Care Management teams for clinical staff hiring practices.
1. Creates, implements and maintains orientation materials for clinical-based new hires, including temporary staff
2. Works collaboratively with Human Resources staff to screen and interview potential candidates
3. Develops and coordinates orientation plan with practice
4. Creates and implements orientation competency checklist
5. Works with operations team for 90 day assessment of new hires
6. Works collaboratively with Operations and Human Resources to make recommendations/corrective action as needed related to staff clinical performance issues.
3. Performs regular site visits to review compliance with regulatory, hospital and Primary Care Network policies and procedures.
1. Lab testing procedures
2. Medication/vaccine storage processes
3. General infection prevention policies
4. Audits as indicated for compliance
5. PCN clinical policy development/review
4. Works collaboratively with Primary Care Management teams to coordinate successful addition of staff/practices to the Primary Care Network.
1. Performs gap analysis of needs related to supplies, medications, staffing competencies, clinical operations for daily workflows, chart documentation, etc.
2. Provides on-going support for clinical staff to ensure successful assimilation into the network.
5. Conducts monthly staff meetings for practice clinical staff to:
1. Communicate Network/hospital/regulatory initiatives that impact their daily work
2. Provide in-services related to patient care, nursing knowledge or practice delivery
3. Gather input from staff about daily operations/workflows
4. Provide significant EMR training updates
6. Conducts follow up for events reported via hospital quality event reporting system.
7. Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer for the Primary Care Network
1. Serves on URMC HIPAA Privacy Committees and groups
2. Works closely with the URMC HIPAA Privacy Officer and staff on HIPAA breech investigations
3. Works closely with the Human Resources on personnel action taken as a result of HIPAA privacy investigations.
4. Provides Network-wide education regarding URMC HIPAA policies and procedures.
May perform other duties as assigned.
The position is expected to travel to network practices.
1. Fulfilled the educational requirements to be licensed as an RN in NYS; Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years RN experience in a direct patient care setting; ambulatory care experience preferred. Experience with all ages strongly preferred. Experience working in a leadership role required.
3. Current valid NYS RN license. Current CPR (AHA).
4. Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
5. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Experience/proficiency using an electronic medical record required.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills. Must be able to effectively deal with difficult situations in a poised and highly professional manner. Ability to function effectively with ambiguity and fast paced environment.
*EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled*
*Job Title:* Clinical Operations Manager
*Location:* Strong Memorial Hospital
*Job ID:* 190566
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time