This posting has special routing. To apply for this position Please CLICK HERE
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, in partnership with University of Southern California (USC) and the Keck School of Medicine of USC, seeks to recruit a Chief for its Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. We seek a visionary leader to further develop a successful clinical, research and academic program that serves a large and diverse patient population in our world-class childrens hospital. The Division Chief will provide overall leadership to the division, overseeing strategic planning, recruitment and program development, and ensuring the integration of training and research programs with clinical services throughout the hospital. The chief will also lead the divisions support of the departmental academic goals in research, education and faculty recruitment and development and join the Department of Pediatrics Leadership team. Candidates should be at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
The Gastroenterology Program at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles is ranked as one of the top programs in the nation by U. S. News & World Report Best Childrens Hospitals List. CHLA ranked 5th overall while the GI Division ranked 8th in the nation. Our pediatric gastroenterologists use the latest diagnostic techniques and technology to provide care for thousands of children each year. Our specialized programs attract national and international referrals. Our laboratory scientists pursue NIH-funded research designed to advance our understanding of the causes of gastrointestinal disorders and to develop next-generation treatments.
The Division takes a comprehensive approach to caring for patients with gastrointestinal, liver, and nutritional disorders. Clinical services include a complete nutrition support service and management of intestinal failure, and liver and intestinal transplantation, inflammatory bowel diseases, motility and functional disorders, and interventional endoscopy.
Services and Programs:
* Our division offers advanced clinical services, provided by a team of 15 board-certified pediatric gastroenterology specialists in conjunction with pediatric interventional radiologists, pediatric general and transplant surgeons, pediatric anesthesiology and pathology. In addition, we offer family support groups for inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, liver disease, and other digestive disorders. Last year, the division provided over 7, 700 patient visits to our main campus and satellite locations.
* In addition to our main campus, we offer new and follow-up patient appointments at several satellite locations providing a regional strategy for patient engagement throughout Los Angeles County and the region.
* The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Program at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles provides a team-based approach in the diagnosis and comprehensive care for children with Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis and indeterminate colitis.
* Our multidisciplinary approach with Gastroenterology, Pathology, Radiology, Surgery, Rheumatology, Nutrition, IBD Nursing, Research Laboratory, and Social Work employs research-based medical and surgical treatments to deliver the most effective care. Our program is poised to become a Center of Excellence covering all facets of care for children with inflammatory bowel disease.
* We are dedicated to improving the care of all children with IBD. Our program focuses on increasing remission rates among our patients by following the latest guidelines, such as those stated by the national pediatric IBD collaborative, Improve Care Now.
Gastrointestinal Interventional Endoscopy
* Our skilled pediatric gastroenterologists perform more than 1, 000 endoscopic procedures annually and specialize in endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, and deep small bowel balloon enteroscopy, in addition to our video capsule endoscopy services
Gastrointestinal Neuromuscular and Motility Disorders Program
* CHLA Pediatric Gastrointestinal Neuromuscular and Motility Disorders Program is the single largest program in Southern California. We diagnose and treat an array of pediatric motility problems including intestinal pseudo-obstruction, Hirschsprungs disease, anorectal cloacal malformations, irritable bowel syndrome, fecal incontinence, and severe refractory constipation. The program uses the most advanced solid state manometry techniques available to help children with these disorders including anorectal, antroduodenal, and colonic manometry and esophageal intraluminal impedance.
* A dedicated Hepatology Program provides state-of-the-art care to children with liver disease. There are both Hepatology Clinic and Liver Transplant and Transplant Evaluation Clinics. There is ongoing collaboration with our adult hepatology colleagues at USC in clinical and research program development.
* We are one of the highest enrolling sites for national collaborative studies including NIDDK-funded ChILDREN (Childhood Liver Disease Research and Education Network) and will soon be a part of an FDA-sponsored multicenter study in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.
Liver and Intestinal Transplant Program
* The Liver Transplant Program has a Center of Excellence designation. Our Liver and Intestinal Transplant Program is one of the premiere programs in the United States with an excellent track record of graft and patient survival making it one of the most successful programs in the nation.
* We have performed over 255 transplants since the inception of the program in 1998 and have recently completed our 100th live donor liver transplant. We also perform bloodless liver transplants.
* The first small bowel transplant at CHLA was performed in