The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L. A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the Trojan Family, which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USCs Dana and David Dornsife School of Letters, Arts & Sciences, The Molecular Biology department and Chiolo lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join its team.
The Chiolo Lab at the University of Southern California (Molecular and Computational Biology Department) seeks a highly motivated individual for a Postdoc position.
Research in the Chiolo lab is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms of genome stability and cancer protection, with an emphasis on heterochromatic DNA repair. The Postdoc will conduct and coordinate research on the mechanisms of heterochromatin repair under the supervision of Dr. Chiolo. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the main techniques used in the lab (fluorescence imaging of live and fixed samples, cell culturing, fly genetics, immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting, molecular biology, FISH) and substantial publications demonstrating his/her previous research accomplishments. Programming experience will also be a valuable plus for this position.
For more information about the laboratory see: http://www-bcf. usc. edu/~chiolo/.
As part of your application, submit a personal statement describing how your research experience and interest fit with the lab priorities, and how you can contribute to the advancement of our lab research. Applications missing cover letter, cv, personal statement, or the three recommendation letters will not be considered.
Job responsibilities include:
* Plan, design and conduct highly technical and complex research projects independently and in consultation with supervisor.
* Identify, research, compile and evaluate data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
* Analyze and evaluate research data utilizing computers and provide interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
* Search literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
* Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
* Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
**The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values diversity. ******
Minimum Field of Expertise
Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
*Requisition ID:* 1004188
*Position ID:* P01447683
*Academic Title:* Postdoc Research Associate
*Department:* Molecular Biology
*Location:* University Park Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Employment Terms:* New, Grant Funded, Fixed Term
*Job Category:* Laboratory and Research
*Minimum Education:* Ph. D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
*Minimum Experience:* 0-1 year
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/51053