Physical Therapist I - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Per Diem - Non Exempt - 10 Hours - Days - Hours Varies
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USCVHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
Statement of Purpose:
Administers and directs the administration of physical agents and procedures utilized in PMR as prescribed by a referring physician in order to improve the functional status of the patient.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Education and Credentials
* Graduation from a Physical Therapy curriculum with a B. S. , M. S. , DPT or certificate in Physical Therapy from a school approved by the council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association.
* Current license to practice Physical Therapy in California issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Medical Quality Assurance, or the Physical Therapy Examining Committee, or license applicant.
Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association is desired.
Annual certification in BLS.
Minimum Field of Expertise
* Must understand and utilize the theories behind physical medicine.
* Must understand theory, precautions and contraindications for all physical medicine agents and procedures and their effects on the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population.
* Must have knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and psychosocial issues in order to assess the effects of treatment on body function and structures for the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
* Must understand the concepts of isolation, sterile technique and the applications within physical medicine.
* Must understand required policies and procedures for PMR and the hospital in general.
*Requisition ID:* 3001327
*Department:* USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
*Employment Type:* Part-Time
*Employment Terms:* New
*Job Category:* USC Hospitals
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/34279
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts