Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make the Keck Medical Center of USC one of regions premier medical facilities.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the universitys exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package that could include shift and weekend differentials, online rewards-based scheduling, and generous educational benefits.
Come be a part of a world-class health care facility and an important member of the Trojan family.
Escorts patients to exam rooms, obtains and appropriately records patient vital signs/medication list, monitors patient flow, assists physicians with minor clinical procedures, performs EKGs, prepares patient chart with pertinent medical information. Schedules diagnostic tests ordered by the physician as needed. Performs various office and clerical duties. Ensures patients right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies. Other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma
* 1+ years experience in acute care setting preferred. Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience. Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing. Spanish language skills (preferred). Knowledge of orthopaedic medical terminology preferred. Familiarity with word processing, IDX, GECB, COR Schuynet, Cerner, ProSolv, EPF and scheduling software is preferred.
* BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
* A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
*Requisition ID:* 3002298
*Academic Title:* Medical Assistant, Cert - PreOperative Surgery Clinic - Full Time 8 Hour Days
*Department:* Keck Hospital of USC
*Location:* Health Sciences Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Employment Terms:* New
*Job Category:* Health and Medical Services, USC Hospitals
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/47840
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts