USCs School of Social Work is seeking Field Education Liaison Consultant to join its team.
The Field Liaison is a representative of the USC Field Education program to meet with assigned students and agency Field Instructors to ensure optional learning and professional development according to the 10 Core Competencies and the learning goals as set forth in the syllabi of the respective Field Practicum.
The Field Liaison coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the students field experience to insure that the student is fully engaged in the Field Practicum learning experience and is adequately progressing in the development of a professional social work identity. He/she also provides consultation, assistance and evaluation to the student/intern and Field Instructor when there are challenges, conflicts or need for student improvement. They report directly to a senior field faculty member or administrator in the On Ground Academic Center.
* Conducts once a semester meeting with each student, Field Instructor and agency in Foundation or Concentration Year as assigned.
* Actively assesses the teaching/learning relationship between the student and Field Instructor
* Clarifies and establishes the roles, expectations and the framework for learning according to the 10 Core Competencies
* Ensures agencies are prepared to identify appropriate individual, family and group case assignments.
* Carries the responsibility in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the students educational experience as articulated in the USC Field Education Manual
* Assigns the Grade for the Field Practicum based on the joint assessment of the Field Instructor and the Field Liaison.
* Effectively combines the Field Liaison roles and responsibilities with the Field Advisor if these responsibilities are held by the Field Liaison or works closely with Field Faculty Colleagues who serve as academic advisors to students
* Assesses student progress and achievement through the use of the appropriate Foundation/Concentration Learning Agreement and Student Evaluation
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
*Requisition ID:* 2001938
*Position ID:* P01443867
*Academic Title:* Field Education Liaison Consultant
*Department:* School of Social Work
*Location:* University Park Campus
*Employment Type:* Part-Time
*Minimum Education:* Master of Social Work
*Minimum Experience:* 2 years post MSW experience
*Preferred Education:* LCSW
*Preferred Experience:* University level teaching, student advisement and/or counseling
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/52101
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts