USCs School of Social Work is seeking an External Field Instructor to join its team. The External Field Instructor will be expected to meet weekly with assigned students to provide in-agency supervision and mentorship. The EFI will impart knowledge and skills that meet the field education learning objectives set forth by the USC School of Social Work and CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) by way of a specific sequence of assignments, activities, and learning goals for the Foundation and Concentration year practicum. The External Field Instructor work with students to learn and increase their mastery of the Competencies set forth by CSWE.
The Field Instructor engages students in a learning process is intentional, active, organized, sequential, and individualized.
* Provides weekly on site supervision/field instruction with students in Foundation or Concentration Year as assigned. Actively develop the relationship with the student by clarifying clarifies and establishes the roles, expectations and the framework for the relationship between the students and the EFI.
* Orients students to the professional system of the agency, including but not limited to the purpose of the agency, the community it serves, and its policies and procedures.
* Ensures agencies are prepared to identify appropriate individual, family and group case assignments.
* Carries the responsibility in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the students educational experience as articulated in the USC Field Education Manual.
* Works closely with Field Faculty Colleagues who serve as academic advisors to students.
* Assesses student progress and achievement through the use of the appropriate Foundation/Concentration Learning Agreement and Student Evaluation.
* Assists field education faculty with identifying and assigning student interns to appropriate Foundation Year and Concentration Year placements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Preferred Field of Expertise
Family and Children/Military Social Work/Health/COPA/Mental Health/School Social Work/Social Work and Business and all other Sub-Concentrations offered in the USC School of Social Work
*Requisition ID:* 2000564
*Position ID:* P01422101
*Academic Title:* External Field Instructor
*Department:* School of Social Work
*Location:* University Park Campus
*Employment Type:* Part-Time
*Minimum Education:* MSW
*Minimum Experience:* 5 years post MSW experience
*Preferred Education:* LCSW
*Preferred Experience:* University level teaching, student advisement and/or counseling.
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/26570
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts