The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L. A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the Trojan Family, which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to work.
We are currently seeking a Contracts and Grants Administrator III for Clinical Trials Office on the Health Sciences Campus.
Acts as a principal administrator and team leader for contracts and grants. Interfaces with faculty, University offices and external funding agencies to facilitate the exchange of information and provide expert technical and administrative services associated with pre and post-award administration of contracts and grants to assigned department(s).
* Provides leadership and guidance to assigned administrators and conducts training as required to ensure professional currency.
* Acts as University representative to sponsoring agencies.
* Advises on specific agency requirements and guidelines to assist faculty in the preparation and submission of proposals.
* Reviews, critiques and submits for approval proposals for research, training and public service projects.
* Resolves pre and post-award administrative problems related to sponsored projects.
* Provides post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail and reporting requirement information. Monitors for allowability on contracts, submits interim reports, and reviews and approves closeout documents.
* Assists in the identification of external funding sources for sponsored research and training
* Develops and implements security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinates security activities with University Public Safety Department. Promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintains knowledge of Universitys crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensures dissemination of security related information to staff
* Conducts study protocol analysis related to identification of cost categories for clinical trial budgets- Conducts Medicate coverage analysis using resources such as CMS National Coverage Determinations (NCDs)
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
*Requisition ID:* 1004531
*Position ID:* P0005863001
*Academic Title:* Contracts & Grants Admnstr III (Ctralized)
*Department:* Clinical Trials Office
*Location:* Health Sciences Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Percent of time for Part-time Position:* 100%
*Employment Terms:* Existing
*Job Category:* Other Administrative Positions
*Minimum Education:* Related undergraduate study Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
*Minimum Experience:* 3 years Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
*Minimum Field of Expertise:* Contracts and Grants Administration
*Preferred Education:* Bachelors Degree
*Preferred Experience:* 5 Years
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/53632
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts