Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make the Keck Medical Center of USC one of regions premier medical facilities.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the universitys exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package that could include shift and weekend differentials, online rewards-based scheduling, and generous educational benefits.
Come be a part of a world-class health care facility and an important member of the Trojan family.
The Assistant Nurse Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of the Department Nurse Manager, is accountable for ongoing leadership and operations of a clinical department and for nursing care safety and quality. The Assistant Nurse Manager uses sound human resource and budget principles to guide the daily provision of nursing services to patients and families. The Assistant Nurse Manager participates in organizational and unit based quality improvement activities, and provides input on standard of care. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports comprehensive patient and family services through effective participation with the interdisciplinary team.
* Graduate of a state approved School of Registered Nursing.
* Bachelor degree in Nursing required*.
* Master degree (preferred).
* *A masters degree in nursing may be accepted in lieu of a BSN.
* A minimum of 3 years acute care nursing care experience.
* Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills.
* Organization/time management skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Values diversity and team work.
* Demonstrates integrity; is ethical in conduct and decision thinking.
* Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility and is tolerant of change and ambiguity.
* Demands accountability of self and others.
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office as well as Internet access and utilization.
* Valid California Registered Nurse License.
* Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card from the American Heart Association.
* Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support card from the American Heart Association (exempt for non-telemetry unit).
* Specialty Certification (preferred).
* A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
*Requisition ID:* 3002032
*Academic Title:* Asst Nurse Manager - 4S CVTICU - Full Time 8 Hour Evenings
*Department:* Keck Hospital of USC
*Location:* Health Sciences Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Employment Terms:* New
*Job Category:* Health and Medical Services, Nursing, USC Hospitals
*Quicklink for Posting:* http://jobs. usc. edu/postings/44702
Start Your Job Application
Free Email Job Alerts
Have the latest jobs
delivered to your Inbox.
Thank you for signing up for Email Job Alerts