## Posting Summary:
The Department Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of Virginia is seeking a highly motivated Clinical Research Coordinator, Licensed. The incumbent works collaboratively with trial Principal Investigators, IRB, the University, sponsors, and human subjects to ensure efficient and accurate progress of multiple clinical trials from the planning stage through trial completion and post-study closure. Incumbent is responsible for submitting and revising protocols, as well as preparing reports, renewal forms, and other required forms for the IRB and other appropriate review boards for review and approval of research conducted. Incumbent also recruits, screens, and enrolls patients into clinical trial studies; maintains study data; and follows-up per standards of Good Clinical Practices. Position provides quality assurance and regulatory maintenance for studies. The incumbent must be able to function with a high level of autonomy in decision-making related to patient screening, consent, follow-up, data collection and trial communication to all parties.
Qualified candidate must have a Associate's degree or higher in Nursing or a related field and at least one year of clinical research experience. RN required. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification preferred. Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years' experience as a clinical research coordinator in a health care environment preferred.
Incumbent must have the ability to perform physical exams, including assessing vital signs and administering prescribed medications; ability to work accurately with attention to detail; excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required. Experience with MS Access is preferred.
This is a 20-hour per week wage position.
## University Leadership Characteristics:
*For Thomas Jefferson, learning was an integral part of life. The "academical village" was created around the assumption that learning is a lifelong and shared process, and that interaction between scholars and students enlivens the pursuit of knowledge. *
University Human Resources strives to identify applicants who will contribute as high potential employees, leaders and managers. We employ individuals who foster and promote the University mission and purpose. Successful candidates exemplify uncommon integrity; they are honest, trusted, team-oriented and live the core values of the University. These candidates display great judgment, by practicing evidence-based decision-making. They are strategically focused by contributing to and achieving department goals and vision. They set high performance standards and hold themselves accountable by aggressively executing these standards. These employees also develop a deep passion for the University and the impact it has on students, faculty, alumni and community. Successful candidates identify their personal career goals and development opportunities, and as supervisors, help their staff do the same. They contribute to team success by leading talent, through their individual efforts and by leading and developing their teams.
## EO/AA Statement:
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
## If any experience is preferred, please specify kind of experience:
Work experience in a health care environment with 2-3 years' experience as a clinical research coordinator preferred.
## If yes, what is the preferred License or Certification.
Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification preferred.
## Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
2. Knowledge of clinical research, human subjects research ethics, and IRB procedures.
3. Ability to follow set laboratory policies and procedures.
4. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail; excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to accurately and consistently prepare and submit regulatory documentation.
6. Ability to interact with patients, family members, physicians, and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel, in a professional manner.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology associated with diseases/conditions under study.
8. Ability to perform physical exams, including assessing vital signs and administering prescribed medications.
9. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
11. Ability to sort and compile data.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
13. Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices for research.
## Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Federal and State regulations as they apply to the conduct of clinical research.
2. Strong working knowledge of UVA IRB-HSR policies.
## Employment Conditions:
Sexual Offender Registry
*Required Applicant Documents:* CV / ResumeCover LetterContact information for 3 References - name, email, phone
*Department:* Department of Pediatrics
*If any experience is required, please specify kind of experience:* At least one year of clinical research experience is required.
*Closing Date:* Open Until Filled
*FLSA Exemption Status:* Non Exempt
*Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)? :* No
*Posting Date:* 07-17-2015
*Is this position eligible for an Alternate Work Schedule? :* Yes
*Employment Posting Category:* University Staff
*E-mail a Friend:* jobs. virginia. edu/applicants/Central? quickFind=75184
*Anticipated Hiring Range:* $22. 00 - $30. 00/hour (