## Posting Summary:
The Department of Public Health Sciences and the Cancer Center at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine, are seeking applicants for tenured or tenure-eligible faculty positions at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of a successful research program in a subject area relevant to cancer prevention and control and interest in collaborating with members of the Cancer Center's new Cancer Control and Population Health (CPH) Program. Candidates with a scholarly record of cancer control and public health sciences research, collaboration in multidisciplinary teams in a matrixed academic medical center environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will have a PhD or MD with a sustained record of research (required); as well as
peer-reviewed funding by NCI or its equivalent (preferred). Expertise in health systems or behavioral intervention research involving key cancer risk factors, especially tobacco and obesity, is one of the important focus areas in which the UVA Cancer Center is seeking to broaden its research base. Successful candidates also will have the following:
* A demonstrable peer-reviewed publication record
* National, and preferably international, recognition in a field of public health as evidenced by involvement in academic societies at a national level and participation in external peer review panels
* A demonstrated ability to lead highly interactive and multidisciplinary research teams contributing to the Cancer Center's goal to achieve comprehensive status.
* Experience in successfully leading a robust program of cancer control and population sciences research. Preferred is demonstrated success moving scientific discovery into new research directions and applications in patients and populations
* Knowledge/appreciation of the value of public health-related research and education and the capability to help to integrate research and clinical enterprises
* Experience working with leadership of cancer centers, hospitals, faculty practice organizations, research institutes, or other mission-critical institutions as appropriate
* A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork, change and innovation
* Ability to pursue high standards related to one's research, clinical investigations and service, and other areas of responsibility.
For questions regarding this opportunity please contact Armando Bolmey at alb9b@virginia. edu.
To apply, visit https://jobs. virginia. edu and search Posting Number 0617493. Complete a candidate profile online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
## University Leadership Characteristics:
*For Thomas Jefferson, learning was an integral part of life. The "academical village" is based on the assumption that the life of the mind is a pursuit for all participants in the University, that learning is a lifelong and shared process, and that interaction between scholars and students enlivens the pursuit of knowledge. *
University Human Resources strives to identify applicants who will contribute as high potential employees, leaders and managers. We employ individuals who foster and promote the University mission and purpose. Successful candidates exemplify Uncommon Integrity; they are honest, trusted, team-oriented and live the core values of the University. These candidates display Great Judgment, by practicing evidence-based decision-making. They are Strategically Focused by contributing to and achieving department goals and vision. They set high performance standards and hold themselves accountable by Aggressively Executing these standards. These employees also develop a Deep Passion for the University and the impact it has on students, faculty, alumni and community. Successful candidates identify their personal career goals and development opportunities. They contribute to team success by Leading Talent through individual efforts.
## Employment Conditions for Faculty
U. Va. will perform background checks including receipt of official transcripts from the institution granting the highest degree for all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of employment.
## EO/AA Statement:
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*Rank:* Associate/Full Professor
*Required Applicant Documents:* CV / ResumeCover LetterContact information for 3 References - name, email, phone
*Department:* PBHS Public Health Sciences Admin
*Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)? :* No
*Posting Date:* 10-14-2015
*Employment Posting Category:* Faculty
*E-mail a Friend:* jobs. virginia. edu/applicants/Central? quickFind=77503
*Appointment Type:* Teaching and Research
*Preferred EducationWhat level of education is preferred to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one. :* No Response
*Position Type:* Teaching and Research Faculty
*Posting for UVA Employees Only:* No Response
*Area of Interest:* No Response
*Type of Application:(required to apply for this posting):* Candidate Profile
*Required ExperienceWhat is the minimum level of relevant experience required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one. :* No Response
*Posting Number:* 0617493
*Tenure Status:* Tenure Track
*Organization (Position Organization):* 40415 MD-PBHS Public Health Sciences Admin
*Preferred ExperienceWhat is the minimum level of relevant experience preferred to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the