This position reporting directly to the NEIDL Facilities Core Director, will be focused on the creation, maintenance and oversight of engineering standards and the ongoing design, construction, commissioning and occupancy of the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory (NEIDL). This position will work to support the Facilities Core Director in the development, coordination and implementation of NEIDL wide standards and procedures.
This position supports the Facilities Core Director in the safe and efficient operations, engineering, management and control of the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories Facility's operations and maintenance. The position supports the commissioning and continued safe operation of the physical plant to sustain an uninterrupted laboratory operation. Manages the delegation of maintenance and repair of all building systems, including the building automation systems (BAS). Coordinates regular certifications and facilities required permitting.
Oversight and control of the day-to-day maintenance, management, control of the rank and file personnel and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Assist in the development and operation within annual budgets, inclusive of O &M; and utility consumption.
* Supports the creation, documentation and validation of new construction or renovation standards and engineering principles involving infrastructure including but not limited to, the creation of bid specifications involving utilities, mechanical systems, BAS, safety systems, preventative maintenance and testing procedures. As a member of the Facilities Management team, enforces confidentiality agreements with all relevant parties
* Assists in the construction and renovation projects involving sophisticated technologies as assigned including the review of all plans, documents, contracts and construction site activities, etc. Ensures that all installation, implementation and commissioning processes are consistent with campus-wide standards. Reviews all technical specifications and manages technical specification standards for the NEIDL. Provides regular reports and recommendations on improvements to the Facilities Core Director.
* Communicates, coordinates and collects/disseminates information with the Facilities Core Director, subordinates and peers regarding status of projects. Acts as liaison between contracted services and proprietary services and ensures that appropriate internal personnel are involved in the design, specification, installation and/or construction of projects.
* Plans for the operations of laboratories, utility plants and other existing or planned initiatives by determining appropriate staffing levels, contracted service, requirements, maintenance schedules, regulatory compliance standards and by integrating these operational plans into existing Facilities Management and other operations departments.
* Attends meetings at the direction of the Facilities Core Director, training sessions, conferences, site visits, etc. as assigned. Provides educational sessions, training programs and information internally and at community or regulatory meetings as necessary.
3-5 years of experience as well as a Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States