Title: 2014 MBA Summer Internship (MBASI) - Marketing Track
Location: US-CA-Greater Los Angeles-Torrance
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U. S. A. , Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1, 500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than 2 million vehicles in 2012. Toyota directly employs nearly 30, 000 people in the U. S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion.
Toyota hires MBA interns for our Torrance, CA headquarters for a 12-week summer internship. This summer, the Toyota Marketing Department desires to place up to six summer interns to provide analytical and strategic support to one or more groups within the broader marketing department.
Examples of projects or work may include:
* Creating a marketing strategy to support new or updated models
* Developing and/or planning research projects to inform marketing strategies
* Developing general market and/or diversity market advertising strategies
* Vehicle sales-volume optimization and marketing spend ROI analysis
* Optimizing traditional and emerging media, integrating digital and social media
* Planning and supporting engagement and event marketing activities
* Strong undergraduate academic record
* Completion of the first year of a full-time MBA program with marketing focus by Summer 2014
* 2 or more years of pre-MBA work experience required; relevant marketing experience is a plus
* Interest in the automotive industry, particularly Toyota
Skills and Competencies:
* Problem Solving Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills and a proficiency with data analysis
* Strong Communicator Can effectively deliver a persuasive message and build consensus
* Customer focused Anticipates customer needs and recommends appropriate actions
* Strategic thinker Ability to identify root cause, and draw relationships between relevant inputs and drivers to potential outcomes
* Team Oriented Ability to maintain focus on group goals and work effectively among a team
* Innovative Identifies new ways and solutions while challenging existing ways and assumptions
* Achievement Oriented Demonstrates initiative in high-paced environment and has a strong will to complete assignments and projects successfully
MBA Interns are the main feeder for Toyotas Graduate Management Associate (GMA) Program.
Toyota is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Toyota hires U. S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence status does not include individuals in non-immigrant status (H, B, L, or TN visas) or those with temporary work authorization, such as students in practical training status (F and J visas).
Toyota provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Any applicant who, because of a disability or religion, needs reasonable accommodation or other assistance at any point in the application process, or thereafter if hired, should contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email toTalentLink_Admin@toyota. com.
Your application and your employment, if hired, are covered by the Mutual Agreement to Arbitrate Claims. Please click here to review a copy of the Mutual Agreement to Arbitrate Claims.
To applicants with potential relocation:
This internship includes limited and temporary TMS relocation assistance for those who qualify.