Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3, 000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
**RF Technician I**
This position will have RF research and development (R &D; ) support as its area of specialization.
**What you'll do:**
* Will be under the general direction of one or more design and manufacturing engineers, but will have considerable autonomy in getting the job done.
* RF R &D; includes primarily RF components (amplifier and switch testing, electronic circuit troubleshooting and repair), but may expand into other areas including antennas and antenna-related components that are in RF/microwave instruments.
* RF R &D; Manufacturing support requires mechanical, as well as RF capabilities to build and test the RF components in question.
* Perform standard duties and tasks and will resolve routine questions and problems independently.
* Work will be performed under general direction on a day-to-day basis and will be reviewed upon completion.
* Develop thorough technical solutions to a wide range of problems and may direct less-experienced employees.
* Must be able to relate well with other people both from the engineering and production ranks both verbally and in written form.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
**What you'll need:**
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to develop a wide range of R&D-support; capabilities, so that he or she can get involved in either multiple programs or multiple aspects of the same program, is desirable.
* General knowledge of hand tools and Electrical/RF test equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, DVM, etc. ).
* Machining capabilities, AutoCAD and a working knowledge of a network analyzer are desirable.
* Should have a general appreciation of RF theory and knowledge of S-parameters.
* Trained in soldering, bonding and sealing, machining, network analyzer operation, and antenna troubleshooting.
* In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit solid hand skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i. e. , Bachelors or Masters, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
**US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED**
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
**Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans. **