Position Title: Maintenance Specialist
Location: Genoa, Illinois
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Maintenance, this position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of building facilities, machines, electrical, and mechanical equipment. Requires broad knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures.
Working Procedures or Duties
1. Must meet department quality, attendance, and productivity requirements.
2. Must perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, State, Federal and Local provisions.
3. Must be able to perform repairs, preventative maintenance on machines /equipment, and general facility maintenance.
4. Practice electrical safety techniques.
5. Must be able to run conduit and air lines.
6. Must maintain certification in 1st aid, CPR and AED as required, NFPA 70E Arc Flash Safety, Class K license for operation of Plant 1 wastewater treatment equipment, and triennial certification in DOT hazardous material handling.
7. Must be able to communicate/take instruction effectively in written and verbal format and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
8. Must be able to move equipment in a safe manner.
9. Use ARIBA to order parts.
10. Able to work at high altitudes.
11. Successfully work with outside technical support.
12. Remove snow/obstructions from walkways and/or parking lot when needed.
1. Received a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate.
2. Must be able to read and write at a high school level.
3. Must be able to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
4. Experienced in electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic principles, electricity, plumbing, mechanics, and carpentry.
5. Must be able to weld and fabricate.
6. Diagnosis and repair manual/CNC machinery.
7. Ability to work independently and reason effectively.
8. Must be able to obtain forklift drivers license.
9. Must have use of advanced math together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables; various types of precision measuring instruments.
10. Have an understanding of basic operations of CNC machining.
11. Must have equivalent to 3-5 years applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation.
12. Judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
Tools and Equipment Used
Various hand tools including hammer, wrenches (ratchet, allen, open-ended); overhead crane and hoist; clamps and air vises; drill press and other power tools as required; adjustable work stations. Ability to operate manual lathes, mills, precision measuring tools, electrical test equipment, and amp probes.
Protective Equipment Required
Safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes. Other equipment on occasion.
Typical shop floor with possible exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, water, oil and electrical circuitry.
Compliance with normal safety precautions is necessary to prevent lost-time injuries to self or others. Injuries, should they occur, may result in loss of time due to causes such as severe injuries to hand or foot, loss of fingers or toes, eye injuries, etc. Some exposure to health hazards not incapacitating in nature.
This position requires moderate to considerable physical effort working in a manufacturing environment. The incumbent must have the ability to:
lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to bench height;
push or pull loaded hand trucks;
perform dynamic activities including frequent bending and twisting of the torso, reaching and stretching, use of pinch grips with fingers, use of power grip with hand, radial/ulnar deviation and flexion/extension of the wrist, and using the hand like a screw driver;
perform static activities including neck flexion, using the hand like a vise, and standing for extended periods of time.
Visual / Mental Requirements
Continuous mental and/or visual attention where the flow of work is repetitive or duties are diversified and require continuous alertness and/or activity.
The responsibilities and duties outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.
**Title:** *Maintenance Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *226568*