**Airframe Structural Analyst**
The **Airframe Structural Analyst** investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, weight and stress & strength requirements for Bell Helicopters Military and Commercial Programs. This position is based at Bell Helicopters Ft. Worth headquarters facility.
* Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, weight and stress & strength requirements.
* Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of components, by applying engineering principles.
* Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design, in terms of stress, strength, life, and alternatives.
* Oversees and monitors product acceptance procedures and parameters to achieve product reliability and safety standards (e. g. failure analysis).
* Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts. Perform static analysis using industry standard calculations methods (i. e. Bruhn, Roark, and O. E. M. structures manuals)
* Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e. g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and analyze material requirements
* Reviews airframe specifications and/or modifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
* Troubleshoots design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
* Methods include the use of CATIA V6 / CATIA V5 and a balance of classical hand calculations and FE tools to develop high performance airframe structures.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar applicable discipline is required.
* Masters Degree is preferred.
* Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 2 years specific experience with structural stress analysis experience including knowledge of structural mechanics.
* Experience with NASTRAN/PATRAN is required.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Experience in Helicopter structural design is preferred, including composites
* Experience with CATIA V5 or V6 is preferred.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Pay Transparency Policy Statement**
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
**Primary Location** US-Texas-Fort Worth
**Recruiting Company** Bell Helicopter
**Job Level** Individual Contributor
**Shift** First Shift
**Req ID:** 251345