**Senior Product Analyst (Auto)**
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10, 000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for management of multiple, complex products or product lines including market research; profitability and other financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs. Bankwide product management responsibility will generally be associated with a specific functional responsibility such as small business products, deposit products, asset-based lending products, institutional trust products, etc. Due to complexity of products, responsibility for a specific functional product line may be divided among senior product managers.
1. Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services.
2. Performs financial analysis necessary on proposed and existing products to determine attainable market share; costs associated with introduction, implementation, maintenance, and marketing; pricing; and profitability.
3. Manages products to determine and monitor product life-cycle and recommending pricing and marketing strategies accordingly.
4. Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
5. Determines criteria used in screening new product ideas and prepares complete proposals for management action.
6. Obtains technical opinions and estimates of time and costs of new product development. Coordinates all activities relative product development with other bank units such as information services, operations, law, loan administration, corporate communications, etc. for the most effective and profitable introduction and marketing of new products.
7. May manage vendor and partner relationships to ensure that bank objectives are achieved.
8. May recommend criteria for testing newly developed products, reviews test results and recommend necessary alteration of testing of product.
9. Recommends new or revised products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase.
10. Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
11. Plans, conducts and directs major, long-term projects.
12. Develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting product objectives.
13. Establishes short and long range sales plans and estimates current and long range market potential of assigned products and services.
14. Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
15. Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
16. May manage or participate in the development of marketing and advertising programs for assigned products. Evaluates the effectiveness of promotional, sales and advertising programs. Recommends improvements or changes.
17. May review complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products.
18. Conducts training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary. Serves as product expert.
19. Develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
20. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
+ Bachelor's Degree
+ 5 - 10 years
+ 5 years in a bank environment
**Field of Experience**
+ Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research. Thorough knowledge of either the sales or marketing aspects of the product line.
+ Analytical and research
+ Bank product and service knowledge
+ Compose letters/memorandums
+ Coordinate events
+ Coordinate meetings
+ Demonstrated management
+ Develop office procedures
+ Negotiation skills
+ Presentation skills
+ Use personal computer
+ Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
+ May supervise one or more employees
+ Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified appli