New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, and is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. At year end 2013 New York Life had a total surplus of $21. 141 billion and holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A. M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa ; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 6/18/14)
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for nearly 170 years.
*Based on revenue as reported by Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual), Fortune Magazine, May 20, 2013. Seehttp://money. cnn. com/magazines/fortune/fortune5 00/2013/faq/ for methodology
We provide our actuarial trainees with a broad background in both the theoretical and practical applications of actuarial science by combining challenging rotating job assignments and significant support towards the completion of the actuarial exams. We also provide significant opportunities to improve business and leadership skills that will enable advancement through the company and prove valuable throughout one's career.
* Develops premiums and benefits for new and enhanced insurance and annuity products.
* Designs new products and product features.
* Projects profitability generated by Companys products.
* Prepares studies of financial experience.
* Analyzes matching of assets and liabilities including developing optimal investment strategy.
* Quantifies company risk exposure and proposes ways to minimize risk
* Assists in the determination of dividend scales.
* Performs actuarial research and statistical analyses.
* Performs special projects as assigned.
* Prefer cumulative GPA of 3. 0 or higher.
* Bachelor's degree with preferred majors in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Economics, or Finance
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytically minded
* Strong decision making abilities
* Prefer passage of one or more Society of Actuaries exams (working toward ASA/FSA designation in the Society of Actuaries)
* Prefer knowledge of modeling packages, programming languages, and spreadsheet/database software
*Date:* Oct 10, 2016
*Location:* New York, NY, US
*Company:* New York Life Insurance Co
*Job Segment:* Engineer, Actuarial, Database, Accounting, Engineering, Insurance, Technology, Finance