Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Associated) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
The Commercial Lines Marketer III plays a critical role in obtaining new clients and retaining existing clients of AFG. They ensure the client is fully aware of the services provided by AFG and that the client receives Best of Class Service from all AFG resources. This includes developing and managing all aspects of the client relationship, as well as partnering with sales staff in building the client relationship and growing revenue through deep sell opportunities. May attend prospect and renewal client meetings in conjunction with the Business Insurance Consultant to serve as a technical expert.
Also provides Business Insurance Consultants with favorable market alternatives such as sophisticated pricing and coverage options, which will increase new business production and renewal retention. Provides high level coverage, marketplace intelligence and negotiation advice as well as technical assistance to Business Insurance Consultants and other P&C department members. Builds and develops relationships with insurance company underwriting, marketing and management personnel.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Deep sell revenue results
Attention to detail
Product and program analysis
Negotiation with carrier staff
Coordinate and perform multiple tasks
1. Directs marketing process including concern for timeliness & completion, preliminary account consultation with Business Insurance Consultants, appraising them of marketing developments and alternatives, leading account strategy sessions, In person marketing of new business and renewal accounts, developing/building and maintaining relationships with underwriters, marketing, and management personal.
2. Builds and maintains an excellent professional relationship with clients by working as an advocate for clients with insurance carriers, third-party administrators and other professional resources, analyzing options and executing decisions made by clients or Business Insurance Consultants. Conducts offline or online research in conjunction with team members to resolve complex client problems, questions and issues to retain clients.
3. Anticipates the needs of the customer such as additional lines of coverage, and take steps to meet these needs for example; discussing potential coverage gaps and opportunities to provide additional services like claims and loss control services.
4. Works with other Marketing Executives to improve processes and procedures and acts as a backup to others to ensure clients needs are met. Maintains awareness of industry markets, underwriting requirements, target niches, and products, and analyzes industry trends to exploit opportunities to increase written business in certain industry and carrier segments.
5. Responsible for the retention of our clients by ensuring our account managers are delivering exceptional customer service and building positive relationships with our clients and carriers.
6. Develops business volume and monitors losses with carrier in order to calculate profit sharing bonus potential with assigned carriers. Develops and monitors assigned carrier commitment and production progress during the year. Develops alternative strategies with carrier personnel and internal staff to improve production results.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
Will be property and casualty insurance licensed.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field, plus additional commercial insurance courses such as CPCU or CIC.
3-6 years-minimum agency experience in working directly with commercial lines clients and coverage terms and conditions, with good understanding of underwriting and submission processes.
6-8 years-minimum agency experience in working directly with commercial lines clients and coverage terms and conditions, with an excellent understanding of underwriting and submission processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e. g. , photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc. ).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Problem solving typically requires extensive data gathering, investigation, review and analysis to define the problem locate its source, and develop/implement solutions.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Travel is required approximately 25% of the time.
**Title:** *Commercial Lines Marketer*
**Requisition ID:** *1511669*