At U. S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, were one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U. S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals by building, developing, and managing new and existing relationships with Small Business Banking customers.
Outside Sales Activity (More than 80%25%20of time spent on these functions):
+ Builds, develops, and maintains profitable lending and deposit relationships with new and existing customers. Consults with customers and prospects at their places of business in order to understand their current business practices and identify their financial goals and needs.
+ Contributes to the growth of a profitable loan portfolio by originating applications for all types of small business loans. Gathers, analyzes and discusses credit and financial information for determination of credit quality and appropriateness of bank products and services at prospects or customers places of business.
+ Proactively deepens customer relationships by meeting their needs through additional products and services. Actively refers clients to other U. S. Bancorp areas for additional needs.
+ Represents the bank at various civic and community functions to further enhance U. S. Banks image and develop additional business opportunities and centers of influence.
+ Partners with branch employees developing, communicating, and implementing the sales strategy in order to meet/exceed business objectives, and exchange leads/referrals. Conducts joint outside sales calls with branch employees at prospects or customers places of business.
California Business Banking Officers:
More than one-half of the Business Banking Officers working time is expected to be spent outside of any Bank property or location (e. g. , at the customers place of business, at a civic or community function, or with referral sources at their places of business, etc. ) in the performance of the outside sales activities described above.
_Your Career is Here. _
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to three years of experience in relationship banking or other job related experience
- Strong relationship management and business development/b2b sales skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of credit administration and credit quality
- Thorough knowledge of business banking products and services
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial accounting and analysis
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups in managing customer relationships
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with small business/commercial lending
**Primary Location:** Ohio-OH-Columbus
**Shift:** 1st - Daytime
**Average Hours Per Week:** 40
**Requisition ID:** 150006587