**Job Title:** loan consultant
**Requisition Number:** 2154
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a national residential mortgage company that originates and services home loans. Caliber was founded and is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund. Caliber originates home loans through a network of over 100 retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent lending, mini-correspondent lending, and a consumer direct centralized operational center. Caliber enables borrowers to purchase new homes and refinance their existing homes with conforming and non-conforming home loans. Caliber also specializes in servicing, special servicing and subservicing of residential conforming and non-conforming residential mortgage loans in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia.
The Loan Consultant -- South East Division is responsible for structuring the loan application and loan terms, making certain the loan program and pricing structure meets the goals of the client as well as Caliber. The Loan Consultant is responsible for maintaining loan production at or above minimum loan volume and quality targets. Loan Consultants can be located in NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, LA, TX, TN, AR, and MS.
* Inputs all borrower information into the 1003 (LOS).
* Reviews and understands AUS findings in detail and ensures that supporting borrower documentation (i. e. income, assets, liabilities and credit) match the information provided on the 1003.
* Provides guidance to borrowers on loan processing flow including an introduction to assigned loan processor.
* Works with dedicated Loan Processor to ensure optimum customer service and loan quality; collaborates with Loan Processor on follow-up of conditions and loan status communication to customer and referral partner.
* Ensures federal and state required compliance documentation is signed at time of application or has been mailed to the client for signature within 3 days of application interview.
* Locks loan in H2O, ensuring lock meets offered rate and covers estimated closing date.
* Manages locks requiring corrective steps such as extensions or re-locks.
* Communicates to borrowers and/or their agents regarding loan approval, suspense or denial.
* Mortgage loan production at/above required volumes.
* Presentation of Caliber Value Proposition to potential business sources.
* Solicitation of new mortgage loan opportunities within existing and potential customer base.
* Marketing activities to promote the Caliber brand; support and reinforce those actions and behaviors that enhance the brand.
* Valid NMLS License
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 2+ years mortgage company experience as a Loan Consultant
* Experience working at a company with centralized operations and paperless technology
* To be in the top 1/3 of producers in their current market area
* Minimum of twenty loyal and producing Business Partners
* Time management and organizational skills
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Visit us at www. CaliberHomeLoans. com to learn more.