Business degrees are one of the most versatile degrees to get for the job market today. There are a number of jobs available to a person who has a degree in the business field. Job growth in management is continuing to grow in a number of specialized fields. Finding a job that you can enjoy and be employed in is always a win win situation.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the 10 fastest growing careers for business majors are:
- Market Research Analyst which is expected to have a growth in jobs of 41% for the period of 2010-2020. A market research analyst researches different markets to determine the strength and weaknesses.
- Cost Estimators job outlook will grown to 36%. Cost Estimators accurately predict the cost, size and duration of business projects for different companies. This is a job that can be applied to almost any business or government project.
- Personal Financial Advisors use a business degree to help access the needs of individuals in determining their financial needs and goals. Building a strong client base can really help build earnings in this career field. Growth for these professionals is expected to grow at 32%.
- Actuaries use their education in business, statistics and finance to learn to assess risk factors for the the insurance and other industries. This is a math heavy degree that is well worth the effort when you are looking for employment. Job growth is expected to be at 27%.
- Financial analysts are professionals that look over the accounting records of corporations and assess their performance based on stocks, bonds, and other investments. This profession is expected to see job growth of 23%.
- Management Analysts are hired by the management of companies to help them decide on a course of action that will increase efficiency and profits. A complete understanding of the industry in which they work is required to do this job. As all companies and government entities try to become as efficient as they can, job growth in management for this field should keep getting better. Job growth is forecast to be at 22%.
- Accountants and Auditors are expected to see job growth of 16% for the period of 2010-2020. Accountants put together the financial statements of a corporation. Auditors check the statements to make sure that the statements are not only correct but also compiled using Generally Accepted Accounting Principals. Accountants and auditors work in every business from very small corporations to the very largest in the world. They are needed for such specialized work as cost accounting, forensic accounting and other specialized fields.
- Human Resource Manager should see job growth of 13%. These individuals manage hiring, benefits and often work for mid to larger size corporations.
- Sales Managers should see job growth of about 15%. Managerial experience is an asset that many corporations are constantly on the look out for.
- Budget Analysts work mostly for governments at all levels to help allocate financial resources. Job growth in this field is expected at 10%.
The great thing about a business degree is that you can work in what ever industry is booming at the time. Health care, fuel production, food manufacturing and agricultural corporations all need these type of people to fill jobs. Job growth in management for all of these industries should be able to help job seekers find positions that will suit their needs.